Public Sector Equality Duty
The Curzon CE Primary School is committed to upholding the principles of equality both as an employer and an education provider:
- We do our best to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We work hard to ensure sure that our school is a safe and secure environment for everyone.
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
- We ensure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions.
- We actively aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination.
We welcome our general duty under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination, to advance equality or opportunity and to foster good relations, and our specific duties to publish information every year about our school population; to explain how we have due regard for equality; and to publish equality objectives which show how we plan to tackle particular inequalities, and reduce or remove them.